Thursday 31 October 2013

Soloist Singer

In many church'es I have attended there always seams to be what is known as a 'Praise Band' generally these are people who are evangelical enough to want to play a 'Guitar' in public.  There are also at times other instruments such as the all famous 'Base Guitar' and 'Drums'.

People in the praise band do away with Liturgical Music and bring in a new era of Idol worship in that if you are a member of the praise band you are on par with a Local Celebrity.

The main gripe I have is that in many churches there is generally 1 or 2 people who sing.  Again I do not have problems with Choirs because they all sing generally in Unison and have allot of expression as a group.

My main Gripe is that in these churches there is generally some young Teenager who is pushed by her/him parents into signing.  As such there are events where this teenager sings completely on their own.

Now when I was a Christian I felt very strongly about Idol worship,  I felt that the Bible said that it was wrong so having one young Teen stand up and sing and then to receive a standing ovation turns the Bibles teaching on its head.

Sure this Teenager can sing about Godly things but what aspect of being Godly requires them to dress provocatively,  hire professional equipment and have makeup to sing a humble - 'In Christ Alone'.

This type of thing seriously pisses me off to no extent,  Again this Soloist is treated like God and generally Goes out with the Ministers Son or Daughter (e.g. The Child of the Manse) which is a title to mean that these children are some how superior to everyone else.

These Children hate that title as they are humble and don't expect to be given a special status.

I do really dislike the Idol Worship In Churches.  Some jumped up teenager thinking that they have what it takes to be on Britians got talent.

What do you think?  -- Have you experienced this?

-- My Two Cents

No comments:

Post a Comment